About the Club
Students are invited to work in the E8 Tech Lab on guided independent exploration in an area of technology interest and are encouraged to utilize their time for Genius Hour or academic class projects. Past projects include 3D Printing, LittleBits, movie making, website creation, presentation creation and practice, Arduino microcontrollers, photography, animation and video game programming.
When and Where
The Steam Tech Lab Club meets Wednesdays after school 11/13/2108 - 5/18/2019 from 2:30-4:10 p.m. Lunches and alternate times are available by appointment.
Specially Scheduled Events
- 9/14 Room E8 2:30-4 Grades 6-8 NASAKids - Come join the fun and play NASA games and learn about current NASA missions.
- 9/21 Room E8 2:30-4 The Junior Academy of the New York Academy of Sciences - Each year, students ages 13–18 are invited to join The Junior Academy. Successful applicants gain lifelong access to exclusive educational opportunities and a remarkable global STEM network through Launchpad, a virtual collaboration platform. Students develop advanced research, innovation, and collaboration skills with best-in-class learning resources and leverage these skills to compete in challenges sponsored by industry-leading companies.
- 9/25 Advisory Room E8 - Engineer Girl Essay Competition - Learn how to win cash prizes and have your essay published on the Engineergirl.com website. Students in grades 6-12 can participate. Prizes awarded by age group.
- 9/27 Advisory Room E8 - Future City Competition - Students in grades 6-8 are invited to imagine, research, design and build cities of the future.
- 10/19 2:30-4 Room E8 - World of 7 Billion - Students in grades 6-8 are invited to participate in conversations about the world’s population as they use the “trendalyzer” program from www.gapminder.org, students construct and interpret dynamic graphs and discuss differences in life expectancy, fertility rates, health, economics, and total population among several different countries.
- 11/7 2:30-4 Room E8 - STEM Video Game Contest - Students investigate possibilities for STEM Video Game competitions.
- 11/14 2:30-4 Room E8 - Take Apart Day - Students bring an item from home to deconstruct with friends as they discuss individual components found inside.
- 12/12 - 2:30-4 Room E8 Macro Art - Students investigate the art of macro photography as they take pictures of objects found in nature.
- 12/19 2:30-4 Room E8 - The Science of Art - TedX Talk and discussion; Students explore how science can help in art and how art can help in science.