About the Club
Students are invited to work in the E7 Tech Lab on guided or independent exploration in an area of technology interest and are encouraged to utilize their time for Genius Hour or academic class projects. Past projects include 3D Printing, LittleBits, movie making, website creation, presentation creation and practice, Arduino microcontrollers, photography, animation and video game programming.
When and Where
The Steam Tech Lab Club meets Wednesdays after school 10/9/2019 - 5/20/2020 from 2:30-4:10 p.m. Lunches and alternate times are available by appointment.
Specially Scheduled Events
- 10/9-11/27 Room E7 2:30-4:10 Intro to Biomedical Engineering - Students discover the career of Biomedical engineering as they research and meet biomedical engineer guest speakers from UCONN and participate in engineering design challenges.
- 12/4-12/18 Room E7 2:30-4 Grades 6-8 NASAKids - Students join play games designed by NASA and learn about current NASA missions. Students participate in an engineering design challenge created by NASA.
- 1/1-1/29 Room E7 2:30-4:10 Grades 6-12 Make Your Own Music Video - Students learn how to produce movies in the form of music videos as they learn to use the greenscreen and other creative and amazing tricks in video production.
- 2/5 2:30-4 Room E7 2:30-4:10- Take Apart Day - Students bring an item from home to deconstruct with friends as they discuss individual components found inside.
- 2/12-2/26 Room E7 2:30-4:10 Macro Art - Students investigate the art of macro photography as they take close up pictures to create designs on cards.
- 3/4 Room E7 2:30-4:10 - The Science of Art - TedX Talk and discussion; Students explore how science can help in art and how art can help in science.
- 3/11-5/13 Room E7 2:30-4:10 Coding for Everyone - Students explore different computer programming platforms and hone their coding skills. Fun challenges and games make this workshop interesting and there are many opportunities for competitions in cybersecurity, app design and more!
- 5/20-Room E7 2:30-4:10 Crystal Suncatchers Students celebrate the sun as they create crystal suncatchers from salt.